Tuesday, May 11, 2010

CBC News Interview Friday, May 14th - News at 6pm

CBC News has requested an interview with me and one of our models, Jenn Forbes to talk about our story and promote the calendar launch.  The interview will be with Debbie Lightle-Quan and the story will appear on the 6:00 news.

Jenn and I have been friends for about 10 years. She was one of four women in my wedding party in 2003.  Jenn was a bridesmaid, along with my best friend Wendy, and the Master of Ceremonies, Tracy.

In 2005, Jenn was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 35.  In 2006, Tracy (living in Ottawa) was diagnosed at age 40.  Then, in 2009, I was diagnosed at age 36.
We all live in different cities, grew up in different areas and have no family history of breast cancer. We were all fit and otherwise healthy.
 
This statistic has always amazed me, especially when the medical profession states 1 in 9 women will be diagnosed. 
In my world, it is 3 in 4.

Jenn and I will tell this story, as well as the incredible story of the creation of this calendar in our interview on Friday. 

We hope you can turn on the news at 6pm and catch this story.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment